As we come closer to the official start of the Christmas Season, there are plenty of special events that take place around the state. These events offer great shopping opportunities while checking out an area that may be new to you.
This year, Lake Mohawk is offering the first Christmas Crawl discount card that is available for purchase now and is active until the end of the year. The card is only $10 and the cost will go to support local charities. Some of the discounts include:
- St. Moritz Brill & Bar ($10 off dinner check of $50 or more, 10% off gift cards)
- Krogh’s Restaurant & Brew Pub (10% off any check Monday – Thursday)
- Restaurante Il Porto – (One free lunch* with parties 2 or more, or one free dinner*with parties of 4 or more. *Denotes Free entree at equal or lesser value)
- Casa Mia Pizzeria – (Mondays 2 Pizza’s for $18, Tuesdays 3 sandwiches for $18, 10% off holiday catering ordered by 12/15/2013)
- Tante Baci – ($10 off any $55 check, $20 off any $110 check)
- Bologna Deli & Cafe – ($2 off any $20 check or more)
- Shelter – (15% off purchases & FREE GIFT with every purchase over $100)
- Nihao Fashion Boutique – ($5 get certificate with any $50 purchase, $10 gift certificate with any $100 purchase)
- The Plaza Barber Shop – ($1 off and free beard trim – Tuesdays only)
- Earth Art Gallery – (20% off entire purchase)
- Onore Tailor – ($100 discount towards any suit, overcoat, or sport coat and slack combination)
- Lake Mohawk Flower Company – (25% off any flower arrangement and select merchandise)
- Casual Canine – ($5 off First Visit)
- Enelda’s Happy Brides – (20% off all sales)
- Nutty Over Sweets – ($3 off per pound of “Green sticker” candy)
- Lake Mohawk Country Club – (10% off Off-site catering)
The card is available for purchase from all the participating businesses.
In addition to the Christmas Crawl discount card, the annual Lake Mohawk German Christmas Market will be held on the boardwalk over looking beautiful Lake Mohawk, in Sparta, New Jersey.
The 2013 German Christmas Market will be open for business to the general public as follows:
Saturday, December 7th 2013 10:00 AM – 9:00 PM
Sunday, December 8th 2013 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
For those who are not familiar, Lake Mohawk is a private lake community with a beautiful man-made 800-acre lake stocked with numerous fish, including striped bass, and has a catch and release policy. The lake also features ten beaches, powerboating, sailing, water skiing, and various clubs for its 2600 member families. While the lake community is private, there are plenty of lovely shops and the boardwalk that is open to the public.
Many of the buildings are listed on the National Register of Historic Places and the center sits on the Wallkill River. It is a lovely little area to visit!